Sign in to follow this  
D666N

Hoobastank - Push Pull (2018)

30 posts in this topic

Season 4 Episode 12 And the Knock-Off Knockout | Download | Airsoft Action - July 2018 (.PDF)

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - May 25, 2018 

Genre - Alternative Rock, Pop Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Don't Look Away (03:29)
2. Push Pull (03:08)
3. More Beautiful (03:53)
4. Head Over Heels (03:58)
5. True Believer (03:21)
6. Just Let Go (Who Cares If We Fall) (02:58)
7. Better Left Unsaid (03:34)
8. We Don't Need the World (03:56)
9. Buzzkill (Before You Say Goodbye) (03:58)
10. Fallen Star (04:21)
11. There Will Never Be Another One (04:25)

Total length: 41:01

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Season 4 Episode 12 And the Knock-Off Knockout | Download | Airsoft Action - July 2018 (.PDF)

This is a shockingly great alt rock album, with tons of well-executed experimentation and new directions from this band. If you go in with an open mind, you’ll probably find a lot to like... personally I was really surprised.

• Love 1

I agree, this is a very very good album and a great direction Hoobastank have gone in. This has made me listen to their first album and crawling in the dark all over again. That song still gets me pumped.

• Love 2

Their worst album by far imo,  which is a shame because fight or flight was really good. 

• Haha 1

oh man, this is pure trash... so poor :(

i love new directions and new music of the bands that I love since my childhood, but... this, no... sad

• Like 1

I haven't heard one single from this album yet...but reading all the comments is really making me :/. Well, lets see how this sounds.

Just listened to the single....WTF LOL.

I honestly can’t imagine thinking this is their worst album, let alone “by far”, but to each their own lol. Imo the singles are actually two of the weakest tracks, most of this is so much more interesting to me than what they had been doing before. I think they had become really, really formulaic and this is a huge breath of fresh air.

BY FAR best album since The Reason.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BRDSX said:

BY FAR best album since The Reason.

Nothing in between even comes close. They sound like they’ve found a new creative spark.

• Like 1

Not planning on listening to the full thing after listening to the singles. The Reason was a staple of my youth, but I haven't listened to much of their stuff after that record. Found out about this about a month ago and went in to the singles with some optimism...only to be let down completely. I know guys get older and don't want to play hard rock anymore, but this is like a Maroon 5 ripoff...and not even the good Maroon 5 lol

1 minute ago, moshlyfe said:

Not planning on listening to the full thing after listening to the singles. The Reason was a staple of my youth, but I haven't listened to much of their stuff after that record. Found out about this about a month ago and went in to the singles with some optimism...only to be let down completely. I know guys get older and don't want to play hard rock anymore, but this is like a Maroon 5 ripoff...and not even the good Maroon 5 lol

I don’t think it sounds like Maroon 5 at all, if it did I certainly wouldn’t listen. Doesn’t surprise me people don’t like this, most don’t care about the band which in turn will make them dislike their new style of music even more. I think this is some really mature and catchy stuff, and i love their self titled and The Reason. Doug also still sounds real good ( I’m not sure about live ) but he sounds as good as he always has on this. 

• Love 1

The weird thing with this record is it basically takes the old sound but dumbs it down into soft rock. So many of these songs i can picture if it just used heavy guitars and drums it would sound like vintage hooba. 

3 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

The weird thing with this record is it basically takes the old sound but dumbs it down into soft rock. So many of these songs i can picture if it just used heavy guitars and drums it would sound like vintage hooba. 

I think this is the exact opposite of “dumbing down”, a lot of the production and instrumentation is more intricate and detailed than they’ve had in a long time. You can tell a lot of work went into each song. Less heavy /= dumbed down.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, moshlyfe said:

If the only thing you liked about Hoobastank was the hard rock sound then yeah you probably won’t like this... but most of the album isn’t as poppy as the singles, and has some of their best songwriting, instrumentation, and hooks ever. It’s more mellow but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. 

Album starts out fairly meh (first two songs) but then More Beautiful and Head Over Heels kick it off and then it's more or less smooth sailing since then except for a few mediocre and boring songs. Quite good to be honest,

• Like 2

Just now, Dwesk said:

Album starts out fairly meh (first two songs) but then More Beautiful and Head Over Heels kick it off and then it's more or less smooth sailing since then except for a few mediocre and boring songs. Quite good to be honest,

I actually really like the opener haha but I get why people wouldn’t be into it, that one’s way different even in the context of this album. Title track grew on me but still may be my least favorite song.

@Dwesk does anyone know "Head over Heels" is a Tears For Fears cover?? . Now THAT was a good 80's band!

• Love 2

This how I feel the album was planned.....ok guys we dont want to use distortion anymore and go back to are old style but we want to recapture that magic somehow. So lets take the template for an album like the reason and instead of heavy guitars we will soften it up. This album is weird cause its the first record from them in years that gave me that old hooba feeling. ITs definitely there just in a different way. Ill tell you this im really excited to personally boot up this record especially just let go, turn on my amp and play the distorted power chords over the songs and boom vintage hooba.

Wow, I didn't even know these dudes were still around. Good to see they're still putting albums out. Thanks for posting.

Loved hoobastank back in the day, and that’s where they shall stay 

• Love 1

FLAC added!

9 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Nothing in between even comes close. They sound like they’ve found a new creative spark.

I actually thought “Every Man For Himself” was a very solid album. Not on the same level as “The Reason” or even the Self-Tited, but i absolutely love “Good Enough” and  “If Only”, and think “More Than A Memory” was a great and interesting album closer. 

However, i realllllly didn’t find anything to enjoy at all on “For(n)ever” or “Fight Or Flight”. I’d place this new one just above those two...the songwriting just doesn’t seem to be clicking for me. 

This one has surprised me over the course of a few listens there are a few gems here. 4,5,6 and 10 to be specific. As a previous poster said I definitely chose the wrong word before. Its not dumbed down at all. Basically instead of the distortion heavy sound of old its much cleaner,less gain type of sound. This album has sparked my interest way more than fight or flight and a solid return to form. If your an old hooba fan definitely give the tracks I mentioned a good shot I would say they're  more nostalgic type tracks. Whats funny is the more I listen the more I like the this fresh approach.  Fallen star is awesome. The same thing happened to me with the new TWA album. At first it was supper disappointing but than i grew to love it. I still say the production is super odd. Some songs sound better than others while others just sound flat out bad. Good night guys!

1 hour ago, Dxblazer1499 said:

I actually thought “Every Man For Himself” was a very solid album. Not on the same level as “The Reason” or even the Self-Tited, but i absolutely love “Good Enough” and  “If Only”, and think “More Than A Memory” was a great and interesting album closer. 

However, i realllllly didn’t find anything to enjoy at all on “For(n)ever” or “Fight Or Flight”. I’d place this new one just above those two...the songwriting just doesn’t seem to be clicking for me. 

Dude what about say the same!

1 hour ago, prsjunkie said:

Dude what about say the same!

Glad im not alone ! Was honestly a little surprised when i came on here and there was no love being shown for EMFH. I even like “Inside Of You” in spite of its slightly cringe worthy lyrics haha

This surpassed everything I expected, so surprised at how much I enjoy it. Happy I can rock a good Hoobastank album again. 

• Like 1

kinda sad to see these old bands trying to stay relevant

the emo tag lol

This is probably my favorite Hoobastank album 

On 5/24/2018 at 12:01 PM, moshlyfe said:

Sounds nothing like Maroon 5 imo. Not even vocally. Or lyrically really. I don't see or hear the comparison 

I'll give a listen after the comments have been mixed. Thanks as always

Pleasantly surprised with this album .